The wide range of home improvement services provided by BSA Nottingham Ltd not only comes with outstanding workmanship, it also delivers an array of benefits to property owners too. We improve existing features by installing brand-new roof lanterns or conservatory roofs as well as upgrading systems to energy-efficient composite doors and uPVC windows. We even start from scratch with our range of conservatories and orangeries. As a time-served company, we understand that our clients in Derby place a great deal of trust in us, so we aim to deliver a service and results with numerous advantages.
Aside from the realisation of a long-held property dream, we have taken a closer look below at what advantages come with a selection of our services.
Composite doors have steadily become a must-have feature for Derby homes. When it comes to the domestic market, few options can compete with the benefits they bring.
• WOW FACTOR – With a woodgrain finish in an extensive range of colours, composite doors create stunning aesthetics. With customisable glazing and hardware options also available, composite doors allow property owners an opportunity to create a bold focal point at the front of their home
• STRONG & DURABLE – With multiple layers that include an insulating foam core, a timber sub-frame and a GRP outer layer, composite doors provide the essential strength required from a front door. In addition, this also ensures that the door performs to optimal standards for many years to come
• IMPROVED THERMAL EFFICIENCY – With their aforementioned insulating foam core, composite doors create a sealed barrier in an otherwise exposed part of the house. Not only does this eliminate annoying drafts, it also keeps heat in and the cold out, thus helping to lower overall energy bills
When it comes to window installations on new builds and home improvement projects in the Derby area, uPVC windows remain the most popular choice. With their long list of benefits, it’s easy to see why.
• ENERGY EFFICIENT – Often hailed as the primary choice for high performance windows, the frames on uPVC windows come specially designed to retain heat in the winter and cooler air in the summer. This helps to reduce overall energy bills as well as your carbon footprint
• FIRE RESISTANCE – Unlike timber window frames, uPVC windows have an impressive fire resistance. As a material, uPVC is difficult to ignite, so it improves the standards for fire safety at any Derby-based property
• REDUCED CONDENSATION – With their superior levels of insultation, the panes of uPVC windows stay at a warmer temperature. As such, this prevents the build-up of water vapour, a key ingredient in issues such as damp
Orangeries and Conservatories
Discover some of the benefits that come with these brand-new living spaces.
• THE BEST OF BOTH – With their brick pillars and large expansive windows, orangeries fall somewhere between a conservatory and an extension. The finished results create a new living area with greater privacy than the former, but with much more natural light than the latter
• INCREASED PROPERTY VALUE – While this may not be a primary motivation for the time being, orangeries can add approximately 7% to the value of a home. While this figure may vary depending on location, the popularity of orangeries could prove the decisive factor that sways undecided buyers
• VERSATILITY – Both conservatories and orangeries create new living spaces in Derby properties that can be utilised in various ways. From relaxing lounge spaces to playrooms, and from dining areas to an office, we tailor these structures to suit your needs as well as your property
Conservatory Roofs and Roof Lanterns
Modern roofing options make a significant difference to rooms of any kind. Our conservatory roofs and roof lanterns truly bring a wealth of advantages.
• LOWER ENERGY COSTS – The technology behind conservatory roofs has improved considerably in a short period of time. With a focus on retaining heat, our warm conservatory roofs create a space that requires less energy to heat. Likewise, roof lanterns consist of insulated glass that efficiently keeps the heat in
• AESTHETICS – Older conservatory roofs often show their age quickly, usually discolouring or staining while also failing to perform. Our range of brand-new conservatory roofs not only look stunning, they have been manufactured from premium-quality materials. Similarly, roof lanterns come in ornate choices that not only look fantastic from the outside, but open up a new perspective on the world from the inside
• NATURAL LIGHT – While some warm conservatory roofs consist of tiles that reduce natural light within, other designs are available. This benefit particularly pertains to roof lanterns. Whether fitted on house extensions, existing properties or orangeries, roof lanterns allow daylight to flood in, creating a warm, spacious environment